Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another Sunday in Harrisville

Hello Dear Family - Truly enjoyed reading about Lisa and Michael's adventures and the pictures are great! The Bells had a week of Judy's conference (which overall went well) and building Robert's "garden barn" which is a beautiful deep red - it's almost finished. Robert is playing in another golf tournament on Monday - he has played in a lot of charity tournaments this year. And that means long work days for him on the other days of the week, but it must be worth it!! Our weather has remained warm - in the low 80's yesterday with cool mornings. I, too, am ready for true autumn weather - it's my most energetic time.
With the crazy economic picture, I stocked our freezer yesterday and our food storage with staples. Will just keep adding to it each week since we are not anticipating lower food prices right now. However, gas is finally lower in Utah at $3.65 per gallon for unleaded. I am taking the train to Salt Lake City most days.
Susan, how is your retirement ? Are you substituting in any schools? Do you feel "retired"? My to do lists keep getting longer instead of shorter and everything seems to take 3X longer than anticipated.
I am reading Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen is a wonderful writer. Is anyone planning to see the movie "The Secret Life of Bees" when it comes out? I recommend reading the book first if you have not done so.
Our love and prayers for health, safety and all good things to you, Judy & Robert

No comments: