Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's March Already!

Dear Family - It's March 1st already and I have been "60 years old" for 3 days! Great to here from many of you. My colleagues at work had a good time with a celebration at 9am on 2/27 when I finally got to the office. The rest of the day was a blur of meetings until 4pm when I picked up Emma from Dancing Moose (child care center) and we played at a park and then at her home where we had snacks and drew pictures and read a story. That's how we should all become "60." I came home to a beautiful bouquet of roses, and we did Mexican take out and watched a movie - wonderfully relaxing. Dad says that my turning 60 means that he is really 80 1/2 years old now!! Robert & I drove up one of the canyons yesterday for a late breakfast at a place called "The Oaks" - it's a funky restaurant near the river surrounded in the back with trees - had about 3 feet of snow on the buildings still. Then we drove through Trappers Loop and up to Snowbasin for a beautiful, sunny day drive. The mountains were stunning! One of these days, we will gather in Utah.
Truly enjoyed the pictures of Susan & Hans cruise. One of these days, we would like to do a cruise again. We just reserved a room in Eau Claire for 3 nights in June: 6/18, 6/19 and 6/20. Very much looking forward to our gathering and Kayla & Peter's wedding celebration. Robert has to be back in Utah on Monday, 6/21.
The economic situation is certainly bleak, and we are keeping track of everything. I spend less at the grocery store, and certainly am not planning on any major purchases. Saving has become more of a priority. The printing business has slowed way down. One of Robert's long-time staff retired and he has not replaced her. Instead Robert is putting in 12 hour days for now. My job is ok for the time being because I am primarily federally funded and they have not cut the grants for the next year. In fact, I should be getting some of the stimulus $$ which is very interesting. It will be for a one time purpose to spend in a year's time - just need to figure out how to use it. Well, it's close to time for Jodi, Darin, Brooke and Kamryn to show up for cake & ice cream. When you are 60, the party just keeps going on....Love, Judy & Robert

No comments: