Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

Dear Family,
What happened to February & March? I was planning to post each month, but the last two months have gotten away from me!

I sure enjoyed being able to take a trip to CO in mid winter and also to be able to stay almost a week for precious visits with Mom, Dad, & the Chapin gang. I subbed a bit in February & early March and then took a 5 wk. long term position in Special Ed. at the middle school again. I had forgotten how difficult students can be to handle this time of year...just before spring break! All in all it was a good experience as I worked with such an awesome group of teachers but am glad that I am back to retired life!

Hansie continues to work at the Gukkenheimer Cafe at Humana Ins. & got promoted to run the deli starting Monday. It's too bad that the promotion didn't include a raise! He and Jamie have been busy painting at her house with a new color scheme.

Johanna stays busy with work, school, and trying to find a bit of time with Nick when he comes back to Appleton on weekends. Next year at this time she will be student teaching and job hunting. After Kayla's wedding & the family reunion, Johanna & Nick will be celebrating 5 yrs. of dating by taking a trip to Washington, D.C. & visiting a friend in Baltimore.

Hans has been very busy with his internet business which has been doing quite well and also recently got a good buy on a house which he plans to fix up and sell. He has hired some cheap labor to help him get started on it... Hansie & Jamie!

On 4/23 Hans & I will be leaving for another adventure. We will be flying to FL to visit his mother for a few days & then taking her on a 4 day cruise out of Miami. Hans' brother, Andy, is flying in to join us. Then Hans & I will hop onto another ship for a 3 day cruise that will include seminars for the internet business. After that we will drive up to Tampa to fly home on May 4th. Hopefully by that time it will be warm in Wisconsin!

Blessings & Love from Susan & Family

No comments: